Allow coordinate variables to be scaled integers
|Reported by:||rhorne@…||Owned by:||davidhassell|
|Keywords:||coordinate variables, scaled integers||Cc:|
Currently, a coordinate variable that makes use of the standard NetCDF scaled integer convention is not CF metadata compliant.
In addition to the reduction in NetCDF dataset (file) size, there are other advantaged to allowing it including simplifying product formatting software, and having an attribute (scale_factor) that provides insight into the spatial resolution of the data variable.
To update the CF metadata conventions standard document requires changing a two rows in Table A.1 Attributes in Appendix A.
(1) In the "add_offset" row, the "Use" column needs to change from "D" to "C, D"
(2) In the "scale_factor" row, the "Use" column needs to change from "D" to "C, D"
Change History (17)
comment:14 in reply to: ↑ 13 ; follow-up: ↓ 15 Changed 4 years ago by Dave.Allured
- Keywords integers added; inetegers removed
- Type changed from defect to enhancement
comment:16 Changed 4 months ago by davidhassell
- Owner changed from cf-conventions@… to davidhassell
- Status changed from new to accepted